Thursday 8 October 2009

Yet another hobby...

As my other half puts it, I must be the queen of hobbies. Yes, I'm still making jewelry and yes, I'm still learning crochet and knitting. Now I have a new hobby -- embroidery! Last spring I picked up two books, The Kitchen Linens Book and Make. Realising that my sewing skills extend to sewing on buttons and Girl Scout patches, I picked up The Embroidery Stitch Bible and have been teaching myself.
I started out simple, with a heart sampler, and have now added applique to my skills as well. The boat picture is from Cath Kidston's book; it goes nicely with my retro nautical bathroom.
I've been surfing the net and have been amazed by all the really talented blogs that are out there! Everyday I find new things to inspire me. I just found free embroidery patterns on the Victoria and Albert Museum (one my favourite places to visit). I now have a long list of projects to work on and can't wait to show you what I've got in store for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment