Monday 14 December 2009

Mincemeat Mania


Last week my other half rolled out the first batch of mincemeat pies. We then sat down and ate almost all of them. Just kidding. Only three each. As someone born and raised eating mincemeat pies, he said these were the best pies he's ever eaten. They are heavenly -- flaky, moist, fruity. On Tuesday one of my neighbours showed me how to make three batches of proper German Christmas cookies. On Wednesday, my husband and I erected a gingerbread house while my daughter and her friend decorated it. Yesterday we dived into the Christmas cake. Good thing I didn't make a Christmas pudding as I have given up watching my weight this holiday season!

Best Christmas Cake
Best Mincemeat
Best Mincemeat Pie Pastry -- see BBC Good Food 101 Bakes and Cakes
Best Way to Use Up Leftover Mincemeat

1 comment: