Wednesday 13 January 2010

Oh no, it doesn't snow much here...


Our sledding hill, originally uploaded by Tea Potty.
We returned from England last week to find our home covered in snow. Our neighbours had given us the impression that snow is an infrequent thing here, but it looks like Germany is going to get hit hard this year. Our daughter loves it though; we've been sledding almost everyday! Yesterday we played in the snow drifts (some as high as my shoulder) and today we're heading back this time with shovels for snow forts. I am starting to tire of it a bit as I don't have proper snow pants and boots. The local shops sold out of stock very quickly. Maybe I'll head to Lubeck this weekend to do some shopping. This weather has kept me in the festive mood though and thus our Christmas decorations are still up. My mother-in-law claims that having them up after the 12 days of Christmas is bad luck. Try explaining that to a three-year-old who begs to turn on the tree lights every evening. She would keep them year 'round if she could.

No comments:

Post a Comment