Monday 22 November 2010

One less project to finish

Tah dah! Another project finished! Amidst the chaos and cardboard boxes that are taking over my house, I did manage to finish off another project. This one has been hanging around for ages. I admit that I'm only responsible for about 30 percent of this -- my badgered husband did the cutting, sanding and painting. I don't think he minds doing these kinds of things for me as it keeps me from complaining about how much he spends on tools.

These little houses are made out of reclaimed wood (they used to be part of a bed), so they aren't perfectly smooth and square. Each side has a letter or a small graphic and they read, "Home", "Hope", and "Love", though others keep coming up with new and interesting letter combinations. My most of the illustrations came from The Graphics Fairy.

I've enjoyed doing these "grown-up" letter blocks and I'll try my hand at a few more as long as my husband's patience holds out!

4 comments:

  1. This project is amazing, love the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are adorable! Thanks for linking this up to Brag Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just too cute!!! I featured them in my most recent post on 10 great ideas on how use vintage prints!! Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how darling - I love how you used the clock as the O - so smart. I have this graphic as one of my faves from GF - gorgeous!

    www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete